Monday, November 7, 2011


I did not forget how to use an oven.


(I know you were concerned).

A quiet Monday provided the perfect excuse to stretch my (dormant) baking muscle.

Blame it on the DVR'd episode of Next Iron Chef: Super Chefs. And the general bad-assery of Alex Guarnaschelli. And an attempt to discover if I had, in fact, been drained of all traces of domesticity.


No third degree burns or epic cake collapses. Only a sink full of dirty dishes and a kitchen that smells like dark chocolate and toasted pecans. I probably shouldn't wait so long to do it again.

How 'bout a silly-good recipe for indulging my ramblings and self-revelations?

1 cup pecan halves
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
Sea salt/pepper/chili powder

Stir sugar, oil, and vinegar in a large skillet over medium heat until sugar melts and syrup bubbles, about 3 minutes. Mix in pecans and stir until nuts are toasted and syrup coats them evenly, 5-6 minutes. (Sprinkle with sea salt/pepper/chili powder to your liking). Turn nuts out onto prepared parchment paper and separate using 2 forks. Cool completely.






No comments:

Post a Comment