- The insular quality of koozies does not make them a suitable replacement for oven mitts. (Burn to prove it).
- Minor indiscretions are regularly dismissed in the presence of baked goods. ("Fifteen minutes late for the mee.... Are those coconut cupcakes?")
- The art of penmanship isn't dead in these technologically-riddled times. Nope. It's alive and well and screwing over my checking account.
"In our defense, your two does looks like a seven."
"Are you insinuating my handwriting sucks?"
It got chippy with the bank rep real fast.
- Given the choice between plasticware and chopsticks at the Asian takeout place, it's okay to sacrifice pride - and cultural authenticity - in favor of a fork. (You can Edward Scissorhands those tiny grains of brown rice all night long... I'm hungry, dammit).
And perhaps greatest of all....
- My dad... the man who scribbles out 'emails' on printer paper with a fine-tipped Sharpie marker... knows what Pinterest is.
Disposable facts & unconventional wisdom.
Bullet points & brevity.
My week in summation.